ST JOSEPH'S SCHOOL
VISION - Our students will be confident, connected, actively involved lifelong learners.
It is very important that students are enrolled as early as possible. This is to ensure that the school is able to identify who will be entering the school in future years so that spaces are available for them. The enrolment process involves an agreement to participate in the school programme, giving a positive example to your child concerning the faith and practice of the Catholic Church and the payment of attendance dues. There is also a requirement for Catholics to obtain a Preference Certificate signed by the Parish Priest or Coordinator.
Preference enrolment is granted under one of the following criteria:
- The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
- The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
- At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
- With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a grandparent or other significant adult in the child’s life, such as an aunt, uncle or godparent, undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
- One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic. Catholic Schools are able to receive only a limited quota 5% of children whose parents have no connection with a Catholic Parish.
- One further requirement on entering School is that a Birth Certificate be provided for verification of the child’s age. The School is also required to sight an Immunisation Certificate and keep a register of this information.